Sunday, 6 July 2014

6 July: Introduction Part 2: The Continuation - The Adventures of Emily and Papa, as told by Emily Tingle

3 years ago I started this blog to document my time in Europe. In 2 days, it will be continued as my newly retired father and I visit Asia for the first time on our 10 day trip to Israel.

Even though I cringe while reading through those posts by 21 year old me, I have realized how important documenting the "unexpected details" can be, and how creating a narrative out of travel can help to reveal the meaning in an overwhelming experience. My theory behind travel writing is described here, so here is the outline of my next travel story.

Setting: A 10 day tour of Israel as part of a Pilgrim Tour group.

Characters:
- Emily (me!): A 24 year old fourth-grade teacher. An introverted book-lover who eats too much.
- Burton/Papa (my father): a 70 year old recently retired teacher. An introvert who does not eat too much.

Plot: To be determined.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all your adventures!
    And if you two introverteds spend a day in a café or a library reading a book, I promise that the world will not implode.

    ReplyDelete