We are so close! After leaving the hotel at 12:20 we then
had to wait for 45 minutes for the check in counter to open. We eventually got
through security, passport control and got on our 4 hour flight to Frankfurt.
We both slept most of the way even though I got a ton of sleep the afternoon
before!
Our layover in Frankfurt was rushed, since we had to take a
bus, a train and go through security again. Even though we had an hour by the time
we made it to the gate they were already boarding! This next flight was 11
hours and MUCH more painful. Regardless, Papa
slept some more and I read “A Storm of Swords.”
We’re now safely through customs in LA with about 3 hours
until our flight leaves to Phoenix.
I am truly at a loss for how to describe what this trip
meant to me – as a spiritual journey, as a personal growth experience, as
bonding time with my father. I am a homebody with an incurable wanderlust, and
the opportunity to see another part of the world is so precious to me. Thank
you to everyone who prayed for our safety, who gave encouragement, and to the
many people who contributed the funds that allowed my dad to take this trip.
Reading through the comments people left as they donated often brought me to
tears, and I can’t tell you how many times my dad got out the scrapbook of
comments to show people on the trip. His excitement for this trip was only
overshadowed by the pride he took in those words from so many of his peers and especially
his students.
We have hundreds of photos from this trip and this format
isn’t great for pictures, so I’ve put them in an album on Facebook just called “Israel.”
You should be able to see it if you are friends with me or my dad, and if not I
can email files.
I asked my dad if he would write the last few words of this
blog, since this has really been his trip from the beginning. He took my
request for a “few words” quite literally and gave me this: “totally amazing.”
Shalom,
Emily and Burt
No comments:
Post a Comment