Sunday, 22 May 2011

22 May : “I’m not complaining, I’m just stating facts!”


Today has shown that despite being considerably past toddlerhood, we all get cranky when tired and/or hungry. The easiest way to illustrate this is by sharing the list I have been keeping of David’s complaints about London. Most of these came during our second hour in a museum or when we were waiting for food, so Eric, Taylor and I are learning to keep him well fed and rested for best results. I’m only brave enough to post it because he’s currently asleep, and he’ll probably be in a much better mood when he wakes up (I might have some food ready for him, just to be sure.)
 
1.      There are no freeways in London.
2.      People on the street don’t know how to take good pictures.
3.      There are not enough pigeons in Trafalgar Square.
4.      Everything opens too late and/or closes too early.
5.      There are not enough trash cans.
6.      Two of the tube stations are too hot and the rest of them are too cold.
7.      The weather is unpredictable.
8.      The restaurants not evenly spaced throughout the city.
9.      You have to pay 50p to use the bathroom on the street and in the tube stations.
10.  Westminster Abbey doesn’t look like it does on tv.
11.  There are no discounted tickets for The Lion King.
12.  Leicester Square is under construction.
13.  The weather in the summer is too cold.
14.  Waitresses won’t split checks.
15.  Not everywhere takes Visa.
16.  The streets are not straight and it’s hard to find the street signs.
17.  There are not enough girls.
18.  The size of the coins doesn’t correlate with their value.

That’s going to be all for tonight because I’m feeling a bit cranky myself, and I don’t want anyone to be keeping a list about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment